The video technology revolution promises to deliver a lot of rewards for organizations, brands, and marketers that take it by the horns and implement it. The spread of the Internet across every facet of society has meant that the traditional approach to watching videos has changed, away from television and towards a wide variety of - increasingly mobile - platforms. The changing trends do suggest that we are indeed a part of the video revolution. Understanding the needs of the viewers, telecom operators have vowed to inculcate the real essence of this revolution by making videos smart.
It is important that brands and especially marketing departments understand the coming changes in technology.
Read also: Nine Steps to Successful Video Marketing
Smart Video Society
Smart video is coming and promises enhanced feasibility and easiness for all customers and users that contribute to the high number of viewers watching videos. Statistics suggest that video is the biggest driver of data traffic across the world.
People long for better video experiences, and even though that is provided through 4k videos and other innovations, the smart revolution in videos is bound to produce brilliant results for the future. The traffic that is driven by videos is expected to increase and rise up to 80 percent of the whole traffic on the network during the coming years. The biggest challenge the smart video society poses is to operators. Operators have to think of ways to manage and find the means to fulfill the rising demand that consumers have.
Smart Home Services
Smart home services are the talk of the town this fall, as the world comes to grip with the endless realm of possibilities that come into the picture due to the smart revolution. Smart home services give homeowners the luxury to have even more control over what happens in their home.
The numerous modes in the technology allow homeowners to live their routine without worrying about their home and the electricity bills. If you are outside, you can turn on the away mode to ensure that all electrical equipment is turned off and that there is no excess electricity wastage. The cameras positioned within the home make use of video in a smart way to provide full security throughout the day. Even when your car comes in, the garage door will open up based on the video proof that has been associated with your car’s license plate.
Video Analysis through Machine Learning and AI Makes Smart Videos
As the concept of the attention economy develops, systems that tend to help overcome an information overload will become even more sophisticated. The problem of the attention economy is real, and AI kicks in here to help parse information for overcoming any information overload that may result out of viewing or being host to too much information. This concept fits perfectly on text, audio, and video information that can send you into a state of information overload. Visual tools that help information through are the new rave and will lead the way in the smart revolution.
AI For Video Analytics
Intelligent video analytics make use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and deep learning for facial recognition. A learning solution that is well trained and intelligent will provide video analytics with the mechanism to analyze and store facial data quickly. Deep learning can also process vast streams of footage that might otherwise go unnoticed by any human. By using AI in analytics, all the systems can communicate and cooperate with each other in a way that recognizes any suspicious activity and readily alerts the users about it.
Moreover, AI coupled with ML can help augment video analytics to analyze micro expressions. Facial expressions manifest a lot of emotions and allied actions, which when understood by video analytics can lead to a lot of further good.
Read also: How Artificial Intelligence Can Augment the Digital Marketer
Smart video is of course part of a successful Content Marketing Strategy
Use of Smart Videos in IoT
With cameras becoming affordable and videos becoming ubiquitous, smart video is indeed a vital pillar of the Internet of Things (IoT). As such, smart videos are being incorporated into many IoT markets.
A few of the uses for smart videos in IoT and other applications of the like are:
- Transportation: Smart videos could extensively be used for the IoT in Transportation. From parking once you get to your home, to managing the flow of traffic and providing safety and security, smart videos can make transportation a lot more coherent and easier.
- Retail: Smart videos could be used to prevent undue loss in retail and to also improve operations intelligence and stock levels.
- Public Sector: The public sector can benefit from increased safety and security for people through smart videos. Moreover, an emergency response to a chaotic event can be made foolproof by implementing smart videos in the IoT.
- Home and Buildings: The concept of the smart home, as mentioned above, spurs from the concept of merging smart videos in the IoT to get the best results. Granting access to a home or a building is one of the most important aspects that can be worked on in the future.
- Industrial and Manufacturing: Machine vision can benefit from the use of smart videos. The use of robotics during industrial processes comes with a risk that can be averted through a coherent understanding and link between smart videos and the IoT.
Role of Telecom Operators
The telecom industry plays an important role here, as they have to provide the infrastructure for the videos. From the network that links them up to the Internet and to the concerned authorities, to the cameras and other sensors that need to be positioned accordingly; the tsunami of videos needs to be managed by the providers.
We are now part of an intelligent world where all things are connected in a way and can be easily sensed. As a result of this communication and interconnection, the business for telecom organizations is drastically changing. What waits for us in the future is an abyss of unparalleled opportunities, an abyss that promises rewards, but can be deadly if we lose our way.
Video surveillance is also becoming a promising way for all carriers to become a part of the smart video society. With the help of video surveillance, carriers can help in the growth of government and enterprise services and develop value-added services in vertical industry setup.
Tower Based Video Surveillance
Blue Sky Guard provides environmental surveillance by taking into use towers positioned in numerous places. The protection provided has resulted in a decrease of 95 percent in fires and has also meant that it takes no more than 3 years to get back a sufficient return on investment considering that 30,000 cameras are placed.
Video Surveillance to Expand Vertical Markets
By cashing on the new opportunities in the surveillance markets, companies can enjoy a share of a well-positioned $100 million market. The benefits that organizations can enjoy by expanding the vertical markets are:
- Low Construction Cost: Carriers can use the existing resources to start operations and to reach a sufficient size.
- Policy Assurance: The government requires developed surveillance services to manage and look over the affairs and to guarantee the safety of the general public.
- High Credibility: There is high credibility present in all forms of security work.
- Strong Operational Capabilities: Carriers have the advantage of providing strong operational services, as they can boast of exemplary capabilities already.